The Coffee Van
An activity of Project REGENERATE
1. To engage young people in the church environment;
2. To train young people in barista making skills;
3. To provide young people with an opportunity to learn business and customer relation skills.
4. To provide an opportunity to raise some funds for Project REGENERATE
The Coffee Van was initiated by the Anglican Church of Warracknabeal in 2020.
The Coffee Van generally operates every 2nd & 4th Sunday from 8.30-12.30pm outside the
Warracknabeal Visitor Centre. (click here for next Coffee Van dates - as dates can change!)
Project REGENERATE is ensuring that young people in Warracknabeal and the region have meaningful opportunities to develop skills and make a significant contribution to the community to which they belong.
The Coffee Van provides interested and motivated young people an opportunity to learn a valuable life skill in barista making, which also further their opportunities for employment.
Participants in the Coffee Van are trained in a range of business skills:
* Barista making: coffee, chai, tea and other beverages
* Customer service - taking orders and rapport with people of all ages
* Using an 'eftpos machine' with competence and efficiency
* Working as a team - each taking responsibility for different roles
* Volunteering - commitment to giving their time on a Sunday morning
* Set-up and pack-up of a 'pop-up' activity as part of the Anglican Church