Find out more about us below.
Follow the links for more detailed information
Rev James Wood
Our Parish Priest
0438 233 630
Rev James was ordained in 2002 in Canberra-Goulburn Diocese. He served three years as Assistant in the Parish of Bega and eleven years as Associate Priest in Queanbeyan and District Anglican Church before arriving in Warracknabeal in December 2017.
Rev James grew up on a wheat and sheep farm in Western Australia's wheatbelt. He left WA in 1989 to travel the world - which included work with architects near Oxford, a youth retreat centre in north London, Camp America in Upper New York State and eventually the L'Arche Community.
He loves to read, make furniture, ride bicycles and listening to music.
Safe Church Officer &
0438 341 577
Sarah-Jayne Holland is Absolutely Fabulous.
More information is on its way!
Our place in the Diocese
The Anglican Parish of Warracknabeal is one of 28 parishes in the Diocese of Ballarat.
"Early in October 1854, Henry Bowyer Lane, government architect at the Ballarat Camp, called tenders for the "Erection of a Churchin the Township of Ballarat", according to plans to be seen at his office. Building began in 1854 after £250 had been subscribed, and a ceremony was held to lay the foundation stone." [John Spooner. 'The Golden See']
The Diocesan website can be found here:
There is some history about our church on its way!
Watch this space